Wednesday 13 February 2013

Bonkers Food of the Week

Another delicious Chinese snack. You will love this. We have cheese and onion crisps, they have... Chilli flavoured chicken's feet! Mmmm. You can enter a corner shop anywhere in China and buy this lovely poultry  based snack. Me being me, I simply couldn't resist. They are pretty crunchy but also a little slimy at the same time, I don't think they are as bad as most westerners make out, but I also don't really understand the culinary gusto with which Chinese people enjoy them. Amusingly enough, I read a little while ago that the enormous population of China is so keen on this snack that countries in Europe are currently looking at exporting this particular poultry off cut toward the middle kingdom. Could this be a reverse in the usual flow of primary goods signalling the changing nature of the globalised economy starting in the poultry feet industry? One can only hope.  


No comments:

Post a Comment