Monday 1 April 2013

Breakfast in Suzhou

The other night me and Celia introduced ourselves to the local street fruit peddler, a very bright and friendly man who was most impressed by our Chinese, as we were by his pointing at his goods and saying "apple, banana". We bought a pineapple and a pomelo (a sort of giant grapefruit thing) and went home to add it to our already bought dragon fruit. This morning I got up and decided to eat some fruit and cut up the pineapple and the dragon fruit and was so delighted with the results that I thought I should share it (see the picture below). The pineapple here is really sweet, much nicer than back home and about 80p for a whole pineapple. It seems to be the season, the streets are riddle with people hawking pineapples at the moment. I'm not complaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment