Wednesday 16 January 2013

Bonkers Food of the Week

As I'm into esoteric stuff and generally like the more odd side of things I thought I'd start a new little weekly feature. I'm going to put one kind of food which struck me as unusual. Some will be utterly bonkers and some, like this one, just a little unusual. I'd really love it if people can add some of their own finds in the comments box, I always like to be introduced to odd things I've never heard of.

Anyway, so in my house we often eat sweet potatoes but we always cook too many. For this reason we decided to make sweet potato brownies. Right, so I also said "bleeeeurgh!" when I heard this, but they're actually really delicious and sweet, whilst being healthier (I assume) than the standard chocolate variety. It's actually a recipe from the Guardian. Here is the link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/aug/19/sweet-potato-brownies-recipe-lepard
They're very easy to make and very tasty, perhaps surprisingly so.

So, not very bonkers this week, but I'll try a little harder next week.

Thanks for reading and please add your own ideas in the comments, I'd love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment